Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Power Point Assignment

I had never created a power point presentation before completing the one assigned for the technology class.  I would like to have had a lesson on creating a power point, though...something I could read rather than look at a power point to learn how to create a power point.  It would have been helpful if I'd seen what each of the buttons would let you do.  My project was very simple.  I put in some features that made each slide come in at different angles.  It was confusing trying to find the correct format for how I wanted to place text and clip art on the page.  I didn't include a self-test or questions at the end, so I had points taken off for that.

Some teachers, though, get too carried away using power points.  It's just like using anything else...overuse kills the effect.  I had a college teacher tell our class, "If you come into the class and stand on your head, the class will pay attention to you.  But if you come into class everyday and stand on your head, then it becomes mundane and BORING."  It's no longer something new.

This is Old Eagle telling you that I'm gonna be keeping both feet on the ground.  I'll not stand on my head, but I might try to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment